A non-profit Desk Research Group consists of highly skilled top performing students who deliver free solutions to companies in exchange for experience and recognition.
Mostly, my job is to underpin the Solar Group work to establish a market data library for European markets and support the maturing of the group’s business development initiatives. I applied my competences in quantitative and qualitative analysis, including analysis design and data processing.
Other ongoing tasks include involvement in consultancy work with elements of business, market and strategic analyses and, for example, preparation of business plans.
• Market data analyses
• Historical data analyses
• Forecast model improvements
• Graphic presentations of various data
• Preparation of business cases and business plans
• Communication of various analysis results, making them comprehensible to non-specialists
• Taught Microeconomics & Quantitative Business Research (Statistics) classes for around 30-60 second-year BLC students during spring and fall semesters.
• For statistics, most of the time I used JMP computer program focused on statistics developed by the JMP business unit of SAS Institute. Also, Microsoft Excel was one of the tool for calculations.
• Prepared before each class and actively participated in staff meetings.