Partner & Sr. Delivery Manager at Restack
Currently, a partner at restack, dedicated to Elixir Phoenix development, and developing the Image Surveyor system, funded by Innovation Norway. Please ask me about:
- Elixir-Phoenix Development
- PHP to Elixir conversion, increasing speed and lowering infrastructure costs.
- IT Recruitment: locating the right talent based on character, competence, and commitment.
- Team Leadership, Program and Project Management
- Outsourcing/Offshoring Management,
- Business Analyst - Developing Functional and Technical Specifications,
- Business Intelligence
- Lean Six Sigma and Lean Startups,
- Business Development, Product Management, and Account Management experience,
- Financial modelling and projections in Excel
- Management Consulting
- WordPress development and social media automation.
- Team turnaround at EVRY
- Process implementation at BlackRock
- Extensive database testing of Global Command and Control System in the US Navy.
- Managed budgets well over $1 million and technical staffs with more than fifteen people.
- Awarded funding by Innovation Norway for a startup.
- Financial, editorial, and technical writing,
- Winter sports,
- Horseback riding.
Partner & Senior Delivery Manager
2017 - Current
Building blazing fast applications, using Elixir Phoenix (based on Erlang): chatbots, app prototypes, PHP conversion, cutting down sever usage by 75% while boosting performace.
Secana Department Manager (Avdelingsleder)
2013 - 2017
Secana is rules based credit card fraud prevention software both installed as a license and SaaS (Software as a Service) used by 111+ banks in over 15 countries. * Program Management: managing multiple projects simultaneously that reshape the culture, technology and work environment for international growth. * Strategy: converting from a licensed product to Software as a Service (SaaS) using cloud hosting. * Team Building and Leadership: personally recruited & interviewed (hand-picked with colleagues) software engineering and project management talent. The team is distributed between Oslo, Mo i Rana, Kyiv & Bangalore. * Internal Relationship Building: successfully merged our group into the greater corporate IT organization to reduce overheads while improving scalability and market reach. * Process Improvement & Standardization: managing the implementation of disciplines and controls for methodical software development (Lean, Agile, Scrum, JIRA tools etc). Our JIRA methodology was recognized as a best practice in a recent audit. * Relationship and Contract Management with regular visits to Nordic & European Clients. Client include major financial institutions and card processors. * Business Development: expanding our business into India and continental Europe. * Internal vendor contract and project management for skilled services (Perl, Java, DB2, Oracle & MySQL). Working closely with onshore, near-shore and off-shore teams to achieve greater results. * MC/Host of EVRY Nordic Fraud (Prevention) Conference 2013 in Oslo, Norway. * Certified Scrum Master and overseeing development of Scrum methodology for distributed teams. * Leading the development of a performance dashboard, linking critical end-user metrics to software development and operations team. * Finance: business models and reporting, budget management, business proposals, project charters and P&L management.
University of Illinois
MBA, Marketing and Entreprenuership
2003 - 2005
Two year full-time program, covering all aspects of business: marketing, accounting, finance, management, operations management, and economics.
Kansas State University
1990 - 1994
Majored in Nuclear and Mechanical Engineering with extended course work in economics and management. Operated a nuclear reactor and wrote extensive FORTRAN programs. I was also a member of the college varsity rowing team, placing in regional competitions.